FALL BALL REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Registering is easy with our online application. Volunteers (coaches and various staff) should also utilize the online application to make their requests. Please see our newsletter for complete program and registration information.
- Please be sure to register by July 18 to avoid late fees
- Players are assigned to divisions based upon their playing age. Playing age is the player’s age on April 30, 2022.
- Practices begin the week of August 8th for Coach-Pitch and older leagues. Tee-Ball practices begin the week of August 15th.
- Games begin August 8/27 (Tee-Ball 9/7)
- The Fall Ball season ends October 17.
With League permission and if space permits, a child may play-up one year (not one league); for example, a five year old can request to play in Coach-Pitch instead of Tee-Ball – a four year old may not. To request this option, a Play-Up Form must be submitted each season.
To play-up, a player MUST either:
- Have played in the same higher age division before (prior Spring/Summer or Fall season) or
- Attend a mandatory play-up assessment session July 23rd or 27th. Times and locations for each age group are listed in the Fall Newsletter calendar.
The WYBSL staff must agree that the player is able to safely and competitively play at the requested level and reserves the right to re-evaluate the player at any time and take appropriate action to ensure the safety of all participants.
If the player does not meet the above criteria, the parents will be contacted and given the option of playing at the normal age level, if space is available.
Be sure to complete the “Play-Up” Form which must be submitted with your registration form and payment.
Request to Play With A Friend
While we again try to honor requests to play with one friend or coach with one other coach, the league uses the following process:
In order for two players to be placed on the same team, both players must list each other as “1st Choice” on their registration forms.
In order for two coaches to be placed on the same team, each coach’s respective player must list the other coach’s player as “1st Choice” on their registration forms. If a friend is not listed as first choice on both player’s registration form, it will not be treated as a valid friend request.
This process is in place to avoid “chaining” of skilled players that results in a lack of team parity.
As a reminder, the spring/summer and fall leagues are independent from each other, so teams do not stay together. Additionally, last year’s Fall Ball teams will not be kept together.
Although we expect every registered child to play in the WYBSL, we know that some unforeseen circumstances do arise that might cause a player to withdraw from the league. In order to request and receive a refund, a parent or guardian must send an e-mail message to WYBSL@WYBSL.ORG (with the word REFUND in the subject line) – reporting the player’s name, league, date and reason for withdrawal. If the withdrawal is reported:
- By July 31, a full refund will be given
- By August 5, a $25 fee will be charged
- On or after August 6, there shall be no refund
After you register your child, you’ll automatically begin to receive On Deck, our new E-Letter, sent to the e-mail address you listed as “primary” on your registration form. On Deck is planned to be a regular service sent each month or so with up-to-date information and changes about the League. Click HERE if you wish to have On Deck sent to an additional e-mail address.