A Player’s “Playing Age” is his/her age on April 30th of the current year, and we urge parents and guardians to consider that their children play in the normal league for their age.
But, we realize that there are some reasons for “playing up” – such as skill level, wishes to play with siblings, etc. – and WYBSL provides a way for boys and girls to do so at their parent’s or guardian’s request – with the approval of the WYSBL.
For Girls with Playing Ages of 6, 8, 10, or 12 only:
For Boys with Playing Ages of 6, 7, 8, 10 or 12 only:
- A parent or guardian must submit a signed Play-Up Form at registration.
- After regular registration ends, space must be open.
- Players will be considered in the chronological order in which their form and fees were received.
- The player MUST either:
- Have played in the same higher age division before (the prior Spring/Summer or Fall season), or
- Attend a mandatory play-up assessment session. Dates, location and times for each age group are listed in the current Newsletter calendar.
WYBSL staff must agree that the player is able to safely and competitively play at the requested level.
A “Play Up” form must also be completed and submitted with the appropriate fees for the league being “played up” to.